SlipStream Software Quick Start Guide | Windows
SlipStream Web Accelerator works with Internet Explorer
4.0 (or later) and Netscape Communicator 4.0 (or later).
Windows Win 2000, Win XP, Vista, Windows 7
Processor: PIII 500MHz or higher with at least
64 MB of RAM
At least 11 MB of hard-drive space
Mac OS X
At least 64 MB of RAM
- Click here to download the SlipStream
Web Accelerator installer for Windows.
- Download the installer to your desktop.
- Once the download has completed, proceed to Step 2.
- On your Desktop you will find an icon called "SlipStreamInstaller".
- Double-click the icon to start the installation procedure.
- You will not need to enter a username and password, just be sure you
are using one of our compatible access numbers. Click here to search
now. (Compatible numbers will say "SlipStream Enabled")
- SlipStream Web Accelerator is automatically started when your computer
- Acceleration will begin as soon as a supported browser (such as
Internet Explorer or Netscape) or a supported email client (such
as Microsoft Outlook or Eudora) is started.
- On some Windows platforms a bubble icon will appear when the SlipStream
Service has been established. On all other Windows platforms, you
can verify that SlipStream Service has been established by hovering
over the SlipStream tray icon (you should see a "SlipStream Service Enabled..." message).
- Browse the web or download email as you normally would.
Your web access or email access will be automatically accelerated
by SlipStream Web Accelerator.
- If you desire to stop the application, select Stop SlipStream
from the pop-up menu, or if you desire to exit the application completely,
click Exit from the pop-up menu.
- If you're having trouble installing the product, consult the detailed
- To get the most out of your new software, please see the Product
Guide with step-by-step instructions on how to use the product.
- If you experience problems downloading, installing or running SlipStream
Web Accelerator, consult the Troubleshooting section for further
- Still having trouble? Feel free to contact us for product support